Thursday, September 17, 2009

July - Off to Brussels Belgium Part 1

So we had initially planned to go to Paris for a few days, but the train tickets were way overpriced. What was a good deal was Brussels Belgium. So about 10pm late one night we decided to get on an early morning train. John, Saviya and I hopped on the train and 2 hours later were arriving to Brussels.
We walk about 10 mins from the train station and arrive here to the Grand Paleis (Grand Palace). This square was amazing, with 17th century guilded buildings. Here I am:
Another side of the same square
And another
And a closer shot of the top of one of these buildings, lit up with gold.
And another close up
And look at this amazing door

I looked high and low, but never saw the 'Muscles from Brussels' Jean Claude Van Damme.

1 comment:

  1. Rick Steves "just" showed me this square, as I watched his program on Belgium, in preparation for my trip.
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete