Monday, November 9, 2009

Saviya’s visit to Delft

When I first moved here I knew I needed to find a few friends. I put an ad up on craigslist for a new best friend and I got a great response.

One of the girls responded was Karen she moved to Delft to be with her new boyfriend Michel in February of this year. We made a date to meet in her new home town of Delft. So I was a brave little girl and rode the train all by myself for the first time.

What a great little place. Here is a couple pictures of Delft’s square it’s called the Markt.

 100_4315

100_4317 

Delft also has many canals like Amsterdam but in Delft they put little barges on them and make them into little outdoor cafes.

100_4320

When we were walking back to her place we saw this cute little smart car.

100_4321

Then Karen and I rode bikes through the forest and down to the lake and came around the corner and look at what we saw! How cute is this place?

100_4324

So I had a great day in a new place in The Netherlands!

OH! and and this is a random picture I don’t remember if this was in Delft or some place else but it made me laugh really hard.

100_4326

Think I should get Colin a pair, he’d look pretty cute in pink!

~Saviya

No comments:

Post a Comment