Saturday, November 28, 2009

August 9-11 Vacation to California

So Trent and I are experienced road warriors. We left the Gorge, drove south 3 hours to Portland, Oregon. We filled up on gas than drove 5 or so hours to southwest Oregon to the Redwood forests. Just down the road we begin to see the giant trees poke out here and there, but soon you are surrounded with the most amazing goliaths trees out of a sci-fi movie. We arrive to our friends house in the dark. I wake up to find the following view.

Aug2009 271 Aug2009 273 Aug2009 275 Aug2009 279 Aug2009 284 Aug2009 285

You can click on any of those pictures to see the blown up original. Really, truly stunning. Three days there was way to short, but I had a very short vacation to fit in a lot of stuff. We left the afternoon of the third day and drove the 12 hours back to Seattle. Glad I spent some time looking at this view, as it may not be where my friend is in the future, and it was epic. The road trip itself was fun, something Trent and I both had done for so many years, but not recently and for concerts and friends for a change. Back to our real lives we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment