Tuesday, December 1, 2009

August 14, 2009 The Flight Home

So we have been saving our pennies to afford travel and other luxuries in Europe since the Dollar has swung far from our favor. In July I had not yet found a flight I could afford, and last minute decided to use up all of my mileage that I had accrued over the last couple of years. Coach seats were all booked so I had to get first class. This was my very first flight in business or first class (I had business class on the way there, first class home to Amsterdam).

I couldn't even stretch my legs to touch the seat in front of me!!!!!!!!!!…and my Pod relaxed all the way to a sleeping position…ahh life is grand…If only all flying was like this!

Aug2009 318So as we approach Holland, I look out and see rows and rows of ships awaiting inspection and approval to come into port. Very interesting site. Aug2009 322

Here the Dutch coastline maybe 20 miles north of Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

 Aug2009 330

And some pictures of some Dutch city on approach, but I don't know what it was…looked cool though.

Aug2009 331 Aug2009 333

And look at this amazing forest sitting along a river. Anyone know what this is? Looked fantastic! Aug2009 334

So here we are on final approach. This is Holland. Flat, green, wet!

And Schiphol Airport is 27 feet below sea level when you land! Aug2009 335

So it was an amazing whirlwind of a trip home.  A week of work and a few days off and back to my new home away from home. Been missing Saviya terribly..so from plane to train to tram to 100 steps up to the apartment….US trip complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment